Me: a snapshot for transition to fall 2024

 Hello!

Here’s a little of what’s going on with me lately. It’s a mash up based on Mix and Match Mamma’s “What’s up Wednesday” posts with some changes that make sense for me.

Eating: we’re still eating off of our standard meal setup with Monday’s as veggie bowls with couscous, Tuesday crepes, wednesday pasta, Thursday pizza, Friday comfort food, Saturday slow cooker, and sundays have now transitioned to football food for snacking while watching the game. I’m also loving Trader Joe’s salads for lunch and eggs with avocado and Tajin for breakfast.

Wearing: mostly zoo uniform and then workout clothes after to get in a quick workout while waiting for the boys, but I’m really hoping to change out fall clothes soon because I’m so ready for cozy but don’t want to tempt fate and have the hot weather surprise me again.

Doing: helping out at the zoo and spending afternoons with my little guys! Right now mostly species specific work now that I’ve finished up a couple of big projects and a particularly complicated one is on hold until the equipment can be fixed.

Buying: mostly repair stuff for the house and sensory stuff for the kids (aka play dough, kinetic sand, legos, etc) to help with calming down after school as it’s been a fun but challenging transition to full day.

Listening: everything everywhere daily, the Bible recap, thru the Bible, the lazy genius, Taylor swift (Jamie’s latest favorite which I love), and the almost famous podcast

Watching: big bang theory to fall asleep (my brain has a hard time avoiding intrusive thoughts as I’m trying to go to bed and listening but not really watching this helps), mostly YouTube videos (I’m having a hard time getting excited about shows right now but looking forward to bake off and survivor), fall themed movies with the kids aka scooby doo and the witches ghost.

Intrusive thoughts: worries about Teddy (I really want to just walk him but he’s still too reactive for me to feel confident so we’ll continue working on training and he’s getting so much better) still very loving on his puppies though! 😉, the front porch column that wiggles (structural engineer said it’s fine and throw a few shims under and caulk around it but it makes me nervous #107yearoldhouse 🤷‍♀️), and figuring out if I should go back to work or stay home entirely or go for my PhD. I really think the latter is going to happen because it’s something I have been praying about and considering for a while now but idk and I want to trust in the right timing.

That’s all for today!

💛 Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility