Top Five: favorite holidays

 Hello!


So we’re going to change this up a tiny bit to make it a fun conversation starter for me and Grant and eventually the boys as they get more opinionated. I’m going to give my top five and then list out theirs with any needed commentary. 

My top five:

5. Halloween- I’m not a spooky fun person typically, but this is becoming more fun to dress up with the kids and really get into it. We’re slowly adopting a “haunted mansion” theme for our house over the years and this year it’s adding hangings that look like the elevator stretching and funny epitaph fake graves. 

4. Thanksgiving- what’s not to love about eating until you can’t anymore then sitting on the couch watching an old movie or football. Especially as this is the ultimate hygge holiday. 

3. Valentine’s Day- I love how so many are referring to this as the “I love you” holiday to just focus on those you love and communicate in their love language. I want this to be even bigger for us as a family as time goes on. 

2. Easter- I love spring so much and I love dressing up as a family and taking photos and just the beautiful chance from the gray period into warm weather.

1. Christmas- I love the decor and just the family fun of everyone getting into it to just be happy. 


Grant:

5. Any bank holiday in the summer that we have off of work and I can just sleep for a day.

4. Easter- mostly for dressing up for the kids and [Jess]

3. Halloween

2. Thanksgiving- a lot of the same reasons as my number one. We also make it entirely our own and do what’s right for our immediate family. 

1. Christmas- it’s an entire month of a vibe, it’s and entire month of reflection and going all-in on an idea. It deliberately covers every sense and emotions.

That’s all for today!

💛 Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility