Meatless Monday: after school snacks

Happy Monday!


So both boys are now in full day school!!! To quote coco melon… “I’m so excited but nervous too!”




With back to school comes… SNACK TIME!!! I’ve started doing charcuterie style boards to give them each a lot of options so they can have safety foods and new introductions. Our biggest hit has been edamame! Jamie is in love with it. Leo is still a big fan of applesauce spinach pouches so no complaints there either. I also throw in some berries, chips, and a small treat! 😉

All in all a win for the boys and it helps as they get used to eating at school. Both kids are pretty into calm mealtimes and my memories from the cafeteria are loud and boisterous so this gives a quiet end to the school day before we start on ‘gasp’ homework for Leo! (Jamie’s teacher doesn’t appear to do this yet but Leo has his first family assignment already which is fun.)

I think they’re both excited to be at school though it’s a big change for Leo from being my sidekick all last year to being in a class of 20 peers and two teachers. He’s a little unsure but by next week my guess is that he’ll rush to get in the door!

That’s all for today!

💛 Jess


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility