Top five: things I’m enjoying this summer

 Happy Friday!!!


It’s officially mid-summer and so I’m doing a mental check in on the things that I’m loving to make sure that I prioritize these as much as possible!


1. Going to the pool with the boys! I’m not usually a fan of swimming, more of a cat than dog that way in that I can swim very well, but I just don’t care for getting wet. This summer though has been the best for loving the pool because of just feeding off of my kids love for it. We go pretty much every day and seeing them progress and just have fun with it is the BEST!!!

2. Intentionally dating my spouse. Having small children is busy, add in medical complications and minimal local family support and spending quality time with just your spouse gets even harder. This summer has been a lot of fun with porch dates, coffee together in the morning, or just snuggling and watching a show together. We’ve been a lot more intentional about fitting that time in and I’m so happy for it!!!

3. Fruity drinks. Whether hard or mocktail I’m here for it!!! 😋

4. Summer romance novels. I love checking out ebooks from the library and have been crushing through quite a few of these easy and joyful reads. 🥰

5. Self-care. Admitting to myself that self care isn’t literally running ten miles a day, spending time just running around with the kids, finally finding a new therapist who does in person sessions, and feeding my soul with altruistic pursuits at church and the zoo is just making me a happier person and less focused on stupid drama. I hope that I’m becoming a better person and better able to step away from things and people who don’t work with me and my family without needing to feel angry or even vindictive. I want to be better and I’ll keep trying to become better.


Honorable mention, painting my nails every Sunday with Jamie is the sweetest thing ever!!! 😊😊😊


That’s it for today! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

💛Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility