Me: Leo’s staycation day 2 King’s Island!

 Good morning,


I’ll keep going through recaps of Leo’s staycation and then will do a single post of our end of summer trip to Vermont and Quebec. 🙂

Day 2 was probably my favorite because I got to see Leo really grow in his confidence and we had SO much fun just the two of us going around King’s Island park. We went on a Wednesday right at opening and it was perfect. Virtually no lines at all since it was a week day and, while it was hot, it didn’t feel unbearably sweltering! 😮‍💨 

Started off the morning a little nervous on the Woodstock swing ride. 

Then felt a lot better running around camp snoopy before the rest of the rides opened.

The cats are ALWAYS a hit!

… and the trains! 😉

We needed a break (Leo still had about 30 minutes of go time followed by a ten minute rest) so the big train was the perfect fit!

Loaded fries for the win!!! And lots of water!!!

Sunscreen of choice was blue lizard 50spf and I love the fact that the cap changes color when the UV rays are enough to need it. Anything that takes away guesswork/reminds us to reapply are wins! 💛

Leo is so frickin’ cute.

Another break meant a milkshake. 😋 

And he loved all swings!

I was so surprised at how quick he understood the bumper cars and was driving around and cruising through all the obstacles!

Of course we couldn’t miss the red Barron plane ride!

And the sign of a good day is a great car nap on the way to get daddy! 🥰

We also went on a lot of roller coasters and larger rides but I didn’t bring my phone out as I’m a hard core rule follower. Next time I think I’ll buy the ride photo package though as Leo’s face in every shot was adorable!!! 💛💛💛

That was it for day 2!

💛 Jess


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility