Good news: slumps

 Good morning,

I’m in a bit of a slump today, but my amazing friend had recommended a technique she’s using to have a meme or image to use for a brief journal everyday and so this is mine for today. When it feels like things are going wrong… just listen to Mr. Rogers.


This quote goes even further than this for me because he is someone one of the reverends in our church references in her sermons. Fred Rogers did his part to help break down barriers from teaching kids kindness to being ok with your mistakes (especially when drawing) to showing people that social and especially racial barriers should be broken down. He’s such an example of quiet strength in my mind and the fact that he’s a veteran makes it even sweeter for me because it just shows that a lot of this toxic “strength” posturing is so unnecessary.

I know that I have not been perfect and that I’ve hurt people and even caused hurt that I had no idea of. I will keep trying to do my part to improve constantly and I’m so grateful for the gifts that I have been given despite my imperfections. 

I write this while my sweet little boy is snuggled up having come in our room at 4:30 like he does every morning and I’m so grateful for him and also that rather than telling me it’s time to start the day like he used to he seems to be telling me to take a moment to pause because he just wants to cuddle. While snuggled with his starting to dose I get pretty introspective and so those are my good news thoughts for today. That we can always find good despite the world’s troubles despite the mistakes we’ve made and it’s important to look for that good.

💛 Jess


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility