I learned: how to slow down a little today

 







Now I didn’t physically slow down, the best way for my kids to stay regulated and avoid drama seems to be to have a lot of short activities… preschools might be into something there.

Seriously though I actually felt like I slowed down a little today which was heaven. Jamie was at camp, Leo and I stayed at the zoo to make sure we were available should the need arise and I just let him lead. Time to see the penguins, sure, want to spend half the day on the playground instead of with the animals, ok, need to pet every snake in the entry gardens, alright then. 

It felt good. I felt good. Still felt crummy when I was less than perfect interacting with someone later that day  and she assumed I was an employee with the camp. Still probably need to find a new therapist, significantly harder than I ever thought…


I loved spending the morning with my little guy…


💛Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility