Morning Routine

 Hello,


If you're like me then your day tends to go a lot smoother if you're able to start it with your routine of simple, but productive tasks. I don't do this everyday because I'm human and therefore we have changes to our schedules, but for the most part this is it.

4:40 - 1st alarm

4:50 - 2nd alarm and actually pick up phone and look through calendar for the day, delete spam emails and note ones that I might need to actually read, make 'to do' list in notes, look up a few random memes to send to a group text with my friends B and L that has been going daily for the past 8 years

5:00 - get out of bed, brush teeth, wash face and go downstairs for COFFEE! :-)

I like having something really nice to look forward to and make getting out of bed feel like a kid at Christmas, so a few years back we got a really nice espresso machine with some awards from work and it is one of my favorite things.


I also like to unload the dish washer and take care of any 'late night snack' dishes that have snuck into the sink so that I'm starting the day with a clean kitchen. And I let Teddy out and feed him during this time.
I have been doing a podcast Bible study with my wonderful friend M and so I'll listen to the lesson while unloading the dishwasher and making coffee and then I go upstairs for morning meditation/quiet time.
It's nice to have a few minutes to focus, use the breathing app on my watch, and reflect before getting into the more fast-paced items.

5:30 - I'm getting dressed to workout and heading down to the basement to run, I keep starting to lift more or use resistance bands, but running is what makes me happy so that's pretty much my thing for a while. I'll put on a running trail on youtube and then play Taylor Swift on shuffle and do her concert-style workout where I sprint the fast songs, run the medium pace, and speed walk the slow ones as they pop up.
6:00 - If I haven't already gotten the boys their carnation drinks then I'll do that now and make sure that Grant is good with Jamie (Grant goes to the gym in the morning and then showers and gets Jamie ready so they can walk Teddy together, Leo like to sleep in a little longer). I'll take a quick shower and get dressed and then work on getting my four-going-on-fourteen year old out of bed, dressed, and fed.

6:30 - Leo and I are either about to or are headed downstairs and getting breakfast ready for everyone.

7:00 - Everyone is loaded and we're heading out for School/Work drop-off. We went down to one car last fall and it's been a good change for us to focus on spending more time together listening to KISS, the boys favorite. On days this isn't practical then Grant takes the bus. 

That's all for today!

๐Ÿ’› Jess








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility