Meatless Monday: Vegan Trader Joe’s Tikka Masala Review

 Happy Monday!


I really want to switch to more fully plant based meals and so naturally I went to my favorite grocery store to see some of their prepared options. Spoiler: this was not my favorite thing but Grant liked it and it gave me a ideas for how to make my own version!

I really liked that this was easy to find and the prep for oven options was as simple as throwing on a cookie sheet. We don’t have a microwave and don’t plan on getting one any time in the near future but if you’re looking for microwave vegan options this is a win. 

I paired this new with a Mediterranean salad, different regions but the idea of light greens seemed great with this sauce. I loved this salad kit and will likely get this again. (Don’t forget to recycle the plastic from it in your orange rumple bag!!!)

Fully prepped this was the look, appears pretty much the same as the animal protein one though I wasn’t a huge fan of the protein texture. I think if I just had the rice, sauce, added some green peppers and roasted chickpeas I would have happily eaten this for breakfast lunch and dinner though because the sauce was chef’s 😚.


I’m looking forward to trying some more Trader Joe’s vegan options and finding some good recipes to model after our favorites!


💛 Jess

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Hello!

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility