Hello!

 Hey there!


I'm Jess, a mom in Cincinnati Ohio, who is passionate about my family, doing my best to help the planet, and, hopefully, bringing a little positivity to the internet. I've worked on doing a practice blog for the past year to see if this is something that I want to pursue and it has been very therapeutic for me. 

As an intro, because no one wants to hear me ramble in paragraph form, here's 10 things about me:

1. My family is my priority. Always. 

2. I'm extremely type A and therefore already have a schedule for this, if my mother ever reads this she's likely rolling her eyes and telling me to chill.

3. I can't sit still and will therefore fill my schedule part a a coping mechanism and part just because it's me.

4. I've been working extremely hard this past year to prioritize things that serve our family and saying goodbye to whatever adds unnecessary stress.

5. I'm a hardcore Enneagram 2 (the helper) and therefore my professional background is in public health and I've been working to gain additional experience in wildlife conservation (volunteer only) this past year.

6. I am a very shy extrovert - I like people and being around people, but I'm always stressed meeting new folks or, as my husband will confirm, talking on the phone to order something.

7. Spring is my favorite season and so there will likely be a lot of lemon flavored recipes here in the future! :-)

8. Reality TV are a total guilty pleasure with favorites as Survivor (Yes L. you've converted me) and The Bachelor. 

9. I am a perfectly imperfect person doing the best I can and have worked hard on my mental health this past year to change what I can, accept what I can't, and working to have that elusive wisdom to know the difference. 

10. I am a medical mom, but I will not be putting the details of that in this space. I'm happy to speak with folks 1:1 if there's something specific. 

As advertised, the basic schedule that I have at this point is five days a week:

Monday: Meat-free meals (we're not a vegetarian family as it doesn't work for my kids' diets, see point 10, but we do try to eat at least one day a week completely meat-free)

Tuesday: How To's - there are a lot of ways to reduce our carbon footprint but a lot are unfamiliar and we're less likely to do things that don't feel easy (total public health reference) so I'm trying to force myself to figure out some of these and document accordingly

Wednesday: Day in the life/lists/full ramble on what's happening now

Thursday: Good news! God knows we all need some every day! :-)

Friday: Top 5 (rotating topics from books to food to places to visit in my beautiful hometown, Cincinnati)


Wishing you happiness!

Jess

(Unfortunately getting family photos seems to be nearly impossible for us but I'll work on getting Grant and myself in the same shot! ๐Ÿ˜†)
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top five: summer movie

Good News Thursday: Netflix Kids shows featuring conservation and ecological responsibility